Group Admins

• Profile picture of Stephanie A. Korcheck

Military/Vets Research Group

Public Group active 10 months ago

A forum for researchers to share research ideas, find collaborators, and create research teams on projects related to military personnel and veterans, and their families.

Link to Texas Veteran's Needs Assessment

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rick Morley Rick Morley 1 year ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Here’s the link to a report produced by Texas State’s <span class=”office_name”>Center for Social Inquiry</span>: http://www.soci.txstate.edu/csi/News.html

Should provide some inspiration for needed research.

Profile photo of Cheryl Fulton
    Cheryl Fulton
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Thanks Stephanie. I’m interested in exploring anything related to vets and mindfulness. However, more broadly I’m interested in two of the priorities listed in the executive summary of this report, mental health and career, in terms of potential research areas.</p>

Do you have any specific research questions in mind Cheryl?

Profile photo of Cheryl Fulton
    Cheryl Fulton
    Participant

There have been many RCTs done on mindfulness with vets, particularly over the past five years, however, I found little or no research on mindfulness with vets who are students. So exploring how mindfulness may be related to outcomes (e.g., academic outcomes, stress, attention, etc.) among vet students would be one part of it.

Profile photo of Rick Morley
    Rick Morley
    Participant

I share Cheryl’s interest in exploring mindfulness-based solutions. A significant part of my research focuses on exposure to violence.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.