Group Admins

• Profile picture of Jessica Schneider

Mental Health Research Group

Public Group active 7 months ago

A forum for researchers to share research ideas, find collaborators, and create research teams on projects related to mental health issues.

Mindfulness practices, Self-Concept, and the Brain

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rick Morley Rick Morley 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rick Morley
    Rick Morley
    Participant

At the Sept. CIRG meeting, I met quite a few people interested the topic mindfulness, so I thought I would start a post and see what everyone is doing in regards to mindfulness-related research. I will start:

My research interests includes the intersection of mindfulness, brain networks, and violence.

I am currently working on the following:

1). I am conducting research with a faculty member in psychology investigating the impact of a one-time loving kindness meditation on sympathetic responses invoked by violent imagery.

2.) I am also working with a faculty member from the University of St. Louis Missouri to investigate the relationship of self-compassion and various factors including Afrocentrism, Masculinity, and Antisocial Behavior among African American men.

3). I am working with several faculty members across campus to develop a research line to utilize mindfulness practices as an intervention to stress, implicit bias, and impulsive violence among police officers.

4). I have previously conducted research studying the relationship between meditation, self-compassion, and predictors of criminality among prisoners.

I am curious to see what other faculty members on campus are doing.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.